Complete the DS-11 Passport application
- Complete and print 2 copies (Single-Sided Only) of the Passport Application Form DS-11
- Ensure bar codes (DS-11 B) are located at the bottom right hand corner of pages 1 & 2
Hand-written applications are NOT accepted.
Take Passport photo
This card lists the specific requirements and dress-code regulations when taking your passport photo.
- After using the app, pick up your photos at your local drug store/pharmacy
- Try using the Passport Photo Creator app
PHOTOGRAPH REQUIREMENTS AND REGULATIONS
- The photo must be in colors and 2x2 inches.
- The photo must be professionally done, with a white background.
- The photo must be taken within the past 6 months.
- No uniforms, headgear, white shirts, or eyeglasses.
Provide Proof of Citizenship
DOCUMENTS THAT QUALIFY AS PROOF OF UNITED STATES CITIZENSHIP
- An original, certified copy with an embossed seal of a US Birth Certificate. Both parents' names must be on the certificate.
- An original Naturalization Certificate.
- A marriage certificate or divorce decree is required if the applicant's last name has changed.
- An expired passport.
Provide proof of identification
This card includes a list of documents that qualify as proof of identification in the United States.
VALID DOCUMENTS THAT QUALIFY AS PROOF OF IDENTIFICATION IN THE UNITED STATES
- A valid copy of an ID (front & back)
- ID can be a driver's license, state ID, military ID, or any official government paper.
- Learner's permits for driving are not considered valid ID's.
- Temporary licenses are not considered valid ID's.
Pay government fees
- Prepare a check to pay the government fees for the passport
- Make the check payable to the "US Department of State"
- Ensure that the applicant's full name and date of birth is written in the memo section
- The check will be $170 for the Passport Book.
- The check will be $200 for a Passport Book and a card.
- A pre-printed name and address must be located in the upper left-hand corner of the check.
- Starter or temporary checks will not be accepted.
Prepare the travel itinerary
- Print 2 copies of the DS-11 application.
- The most commonly used itineraries are airline, cruise & hotel reservations.
- A business letter on original company letterhead can be used in place of a travel itinerary.
- The travel itinerary and DS-11 application dates must match and include the applicant's name.
Letter of Authorization
- Include one copy with your sealed documents.
- Include an additional copy inside of your FedEx package.
- Ensure that the Courier Company Name is printed as it appears on the page.
- Print out two copies.
- The letter of authorization gives RushMyPassport permission to represent you.
- Ensuring that the courier company name is printed correctly will help avoid processing delays.
- Handprint and sign in black ink only.
Sealed Envelope - Passport Acceptance Agency Visit
- Pay the $35.00 fee for the signing and authorization of this document.
For a list of Passport Acceptance Agencies in your area please visit:
- DO NOT visit the passport acceptance agent before calling our office for the letter of authorization. The letter of authorization must be completed prior to this step.
- The documents will be witnessed, signed & sealed at a Courthouse or local Post Office for a fee of $35.00
Purchase the pre-paid overnight shipping label
- Print this label and place on the outside of an overnight shipping envelope
Create required second copies
Here is a list of the documents that require more than one copy.
- DS-11 application
- Letter of Authorization
- Travel Itinerary
- DS- 11 application
- Letter of authorization
- travel itinerary